Why Our Pub is Great
The Old Pottery Kiln in Witham is perfectly located: we’re just off the A12, ideal for families visiting from Chelmsford or Colchester. Colchester Zoo is a short drive away. Whatever the occasion, whether you’re just passing through or looking for a friendly local pub in which to treat the kids, we’ve got plenty of choice on the menu.
Our bar is stocked with fine Marston’s ales, draught beers, ciders, wines, spirits, and soft drinks. And our two-for-one menu of pub classics is served alongside a comprehensive daily specials board, also two for one. Grab a burger or steak, or choose from our adventurous world food section on the specials board.
Fancy something traditional, but don’t want to miss out on an extra taste sensation? Big up your meal with top add-ons, sauces, or delicious sides. Our children’s menu is just as full of great choices. For the smallest monsters, we’ve got a build-your-own meal menu that makes sure they get goodness as well as tasty favourites. Leave room for a sinful pud—or don’t! If you can’t fit it in, we’ll box your guilty pleasure up for later.
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
With our extensive food menu, we can cater for all tastes. Try our succulent beef steaks, our beautiful burgers, or one of our many traditional pub classics. There’s a bulging specials board each day, featuring a world of wholesome, exciting meals for you, and don’t forget those luscious roasts designed to make every Sunday special. Great food – made all the more enjoyable thanks to Two for One.View our Menus